General Information and Access
The Cockpit web interface enables you to create and manage Cloud resources in your account by sending the corresponding API requests to the Cloud. When creating an OUTSCALE account, an access to Cockpit is automatically provided too.
- When connecting for the first time to Cockpit, you need to reset your password using the "I forgot my password" link.
- After one hour of inactivity, you are automatically logged out from Cockpit.
- You can log in to Cockpit using your email and password or using your access keys. For more information about Access Keys, see About Access Keys.
Cockpit is compatible with the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Cockpit is not compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Each OUTSCALE Region has its own Cockpit web interface, that you can access using the following URLs:
You can switch from an OUTSCALE Region to another from the login screen.
For more information about OUTSCALE Regions, see About Regions, Endpoints, and Availability Zones and Regions, Endpoints and Availability Zones Reference.
This User Guide includes the procedures using Cockpit.
Some features are available through the API only and are not yet implemented on Cockpit.
The Cockpit Homepage provides:
- A Cloud overview that displays information about your resources per type. You can click:
- The Instances, Volumes, and VPCs headings to access the corresponding pages.
- The Create Instance button to create an instance. For more information, see Creating / Launching Instances.
- The Create Volume button to create a volume. For more information, see Creating a Volume.
- The Create VPC
button to create a VPC. For more information, see Creating a VPC.
A general overview of your consumption for the current month. For more information about your consumption, see Getting Information About Your Resource Consumption.
Information is displayed in colored circles. You can hover over a colored area to get more information about your resources, or filter it:
- To isolate a resource or a type of resource, click the different parts of the circles.
- To navigate to a previous level, click an inner circle or in the center of the circle.
- To return to the general consumption overview, click the consumption circle.
- Your quotas per resource. Information is displayed in percentages. For more information about your quotas, see Getting Information About Your Account and Quotas.
- A Twitter feed of the latest publications from 3DS OUTSCALE.
- A Zendesk Chat to contact the 3DS OUTSCALE Support Team, if needed. This widget is available throughout Cockpit.