The OSU service is based on the Ceph open source API. Therefore, you can access OSU through the Ceph API. For more information on this API, including request samples in various programming languages, see the official Ceph documentation.
The v4 version of the API signing process is currently supported for the eu-west-2 and us-west-1 Regions only. For other Regions, you need to use tools compatible with the v2 version.
Note that if you are using the Java SDK:
The expect:100-continue header is not supported by OSU. For performance reasons, you need to deactivate this header.
The following example shows how to do so for the upload, by replacing the
Upload upload = tm.upload(BUCKET_NAME, key, f);line by this code block:
The x-amz-version-id header is not supported by Ceph. To manage versions, you need to bypass this header using the following code block:
AWS CLI, a command-line interface developed by Amazon Web Services, enables you to manage your OSU resources. In particular, you can use the s3api commands and s3 commands of AWS CLI. For more information about how to install AWS CLI, see Installing and Configuring AWS CLI.
This documentation primarily uses s3api commands. Corresponding s3 commands are also provided in tip boxes when available. For more information, see s3 Commands Reference.
Graphical user interfaces (GUIs) exist to manage OSU resources. For example:
- Available for macOS and Windows.
- An open source client that enables you to directly browse your OSU resources on the OUTSCALE Cloud. It also enables you to edit your objects in a seamless way using any editor on your computer. For more information, see Configuring Cyberduck for Object Storage.
- Available for Linux, macOS, and Windows.
- A commercial application that enables you to mount OSU buckets as network drives on your computer. For more information, see the official ExpanDrive website.
- Available for Windows only.
- A commercial application that enables you to mount OSU buckets as network drives on your computer. For more information, see the official TntDrive website.