Before you begin:
To launch an instance in the VPC you want to create:
- Click VPC > VPCs.
- Click Create
> Basic Mode.
The CREATE VPC - BASIC MODE dialog box appears.
In the VPC Name field, type the name for your VPC platform and all its associated resources .
This name must contain between 1 and 255 ASCII printable characters. Accented letters are not allowed.
- (optional) To launch an instance in the VPC:
- Check the Create Instance box.
- In the Outscale Machine Image section, click the OMI to use.
- From the Instance Type list, specify the following attributes for the instance to create:
CPU: The processor generation.
Performance: The performance flag. For more information, see 3DS OUTSCALE's Offering Refinements FAQ.
Core(s): The number of vCores, up to 78.
Memory (GiB): The amount of memory, up to 1039 GiB.
- From the Keypair list, select the keypair to use. To launch instances using Cockpit, you must always specify a keypair, even when the OMI used does not require one. For more information, see About Keypairs.
From the EIP list, select the EIP to associate with the instance.
Check the Auto associate the selected IP box to add an
osc.fcu.eip.auto-attachtag to the instance. This tag maintains the EIP association even if the instance is stopped and started. For more information, see User Data Tags Reference.
- (optional) To make the console accessible from an IP of a security group and to allow inbound traffic to SSH or RDP, check the Make administration console accessible from your location box.
To validate the creation of the VPC platform, click Create.
The VPC platform is created, and a summary of its associated resources appears in the CREATE VPC - BASIC MODE dialog box.