Modifying a Group Using Cockpit
- Hover over your name.
A drop-down menu appears.
- Click Users and Policies Management
- In the EIM navigation panel, click Groups.
The Groups page appears.
- Click the group you want to modify.
The group is selected.
- Click Update
The UPDATE GROUP dialog box appears.
- In the New groupname field, type the new name you want to give to the group.This name must be unique and must contain between 1 and 128 characters. Allowed characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and +=,.@-_.
- Click Update to validate.
The name of the group is modified and appears on the Groups page.
Modifying a Group Using AWS CLI
To modify the name and/or the path of a group, use the update-group command following this syntax:
This command contains the following attributes that you need to specify:
profile: The named profile you want to use, created when configuring AWS CLI. For more information, see Installing and Configuring AWS CLI.
group-name: The name of the group you want to modify.This name must be unique and must contain between 1 and 128 characters. Allowed characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and +=,.@-_.
new-path: The new path for the group.
new-group-name: The new name for the group.
endpoint: The endpoint corresponding to the Region you want to send the request to.
The name and/or the path of the specified group are modified.