3DS OUTSCALE offers Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solutions, that is, on-demand computing infrastructure. IaaS users install their own applications and data in the provided virtual environments.
The resources provided are categorized as follows:
- Compute resources. For more information, see Compute.
- Storage resources. For more information, see Storage.
- Network and security resources. For more information, see Network and Security.
Tools to Manage Your Resources
Application programming interfaces (APIs) are the primary means to communicate with the 3DS OUTSCALE Cloud. They are intended for users with programming knowledge. API calls can be integrated in your programs and scripts and are particularly useful for automation purposes.
Since 3DS OUTSCALE develops all of its services for the APIs first, the APIs allow you to execute all publicly available actions.
You can use the following APIs:
- The 3DS OUTSCALE API developed by 3DS OUTSCALE. For more information, see https://docs.outscale.com/api.
- The AWS-compliant APIs developed by 3DS OUTSCALE, providing interoperability with the APIs of Amazon Web Services. For more information, see https://docs.outscale.com/.
For more information, see 3DS OUTSCALE APIs Reference.
SDKs and CLIs
Software development kits (SDKs) are available to facilitate the use of the APIs in specific programming languages. Some SDKs take the form of command-line interfaces (CLIs), which enable sending API requests via commands in your terminal.
You can use the following CLIs:
- OSC CLI, developed by 3DS OUTSCALE. For more information, see Installing and Configuring OSC CLI.
- AWS CLI, developed by Amazon Web Services. For more information, see Installing and Configuring AWS CLI.
For information about other available SDKs, see Advanced Cloud Tools.
Graphical user interfaces (GUIs) provide an intuitive way to interact with the 3DS OUTSCALE Cloud, using visual elements such as buttons and menus. However, not all actions that are available through API are available through a GUI.
You can use the following GUIs:
- Cockpit: A user-friendly web interface to manage your resources. For more information, see About Cockpit.
- Outscale Second Screen (O2S): A mobile application allowing access to some features of Cockpit on your smartphone. For more information, see O2S User Guide.
- Cloud Status: A web interface that displays information on the current availability of 3DS OUTSCALE services. For more information, see Cloud Status.