- Identify the DirectLink location for the Region you want to connect to. For more information, see Getting Information About DirectLink Locations.
- Create a VPC and the virtual private gateway required for the DirectLink connection:
- Create a VPC in the Region where you want to create a DirectLink connection. For more information, see Creating a VPC Platform.
- Create a virtual private gateway in this Region.
- Attach this virtual private gateway to the VPC.
- Ensure that you have an appropriate router or a fiber-optic cable in the same datacenter as the DirectLink location, or ask any network service provider to thread a cable there for you. For more information about technical requirements for your router and the cable used for the connection, see About DirectLink.
- Request a DirectLink connection for the location of your choice and with the bandwidth you need. For more information, see Requesting a Connection.
Once the connection is accepted, you receive a Letter of Authorization (LOA) from 3DS OUTSCALE by email.
- Give the LOA to your network service provider that will ask the datacenter to connect your fiber-optic cable to the DirectLink router.
The physical connection is created.
Configure your physical connection with one or more private virtual interfaces using the ID of the virtual private gateway attached to your VPC. For more information, see Creating a Private Virtual Interface.
Your DirectLink connection is set up.
You can create several private virtual interfaces for a same DirectLink connection to reach several VPCs or to use several VLANs.
Skip to end of banner Go to start of banner Skip to end of metadata Go to start of metadata